2021 Transition Program
In 2021, Sacred Heart will once again offer our Transition Program. The Transition Program is for children entering Kindergarten in 2022, free of charge.
The Kindergarten Transition Program will be co-ordinated and facilitated by our K/1/2 teacher Miss Mooney and EA Mrs Rees. Students will be supported to become independent in a multi-stage classroom through interaction with the K-2 cohort and the routine of a day at school.
The program will run each Friday commencing Week 6, Term 1 (Friday 5 March 2021) and continues until Week 4, Term 4 (during school terms).
The Transition Program is very beneficial for students entering Kindergarten in 2022. They will;
- Children become more familiar with staff, students and the school environment.
- Children are gradually exposed to the different expectations of ‘big school’.
- Staff are able to identify learning styles and individual needs of students prior to the commencement of Kindergarten allowing programs to be developed if required.
- Children are paired with an older ‘buddy’ who provides friendship and support.
- Enhances transition to school through consistent curriculum delivery.
- Transition particularly supports students who have not attended pre-school or have minimal time socialising with other children due to isolation.
- Parents will be supported in preparing their children for formal learning
There is a Parent Information Session at 9.00am on Friday 5 March for parents of children entering the program in 2021.
For further information, or to obtain an Expression of Interest Form, please contact the School Office.